Trust and Safety: The School System Issue

Domacksoud
I am a high school sophomore at a Catholic Institution and am very dissatisfied with the school system.
The first problem is the fact that every other country in the world is kicking the United States' butt as far as education. They are focused on technology and science and math while in the mean time we focus on the corrupt politicians and accept a school system that, truthfully, is a piece of garbage. Attending a Catholic School I feel really makes a difference in the learning experience. I feel it challenges a person more because the teachers aren't worried about their next payday, they worry about the future of every kid that they teach.
Another problem in today's society is poverty. Poverty is a big issue especially around the Detroit area. Kids will go to school and they won't learn anything because there is a lack of supplies, teachers, and sadly, hope. Detroit schools are the worst in the nation I think because it's a domino effect with it. The kids go to school but they don't learn much because of insufficient teachers. Then, they grow up without a proper education (And everyone knows that today, a degree is required for most good jobs.). They grow older and have kids and their kids experienced the same thing because politicians are corrupt and don't pay attention to the important issues.
I believe the United States would excel greatly if we stayed focused on educating the future of America instead of schooling people in Africa and other third-world countries. We spend money on other countries to get educations but we can't even keep up the systems in our own country. Not that it's wrong to help others, but if we can't help ourselves, we will never be able to help others.