Trust and Safety: To Trust or Not To Trust?

julia.rr
There are a lot of online predators, cyber bullies, and threats at school and around us. Despite these, I trust my institutions to keep me protected. Online you never know the person you’re talking to or adding as a friend unless you’ve met them in person. But online predators aren’t the only dangers out there on the internet. There are people who put up fake advertisements for example. They attract a certain age group and find what they like or what will catch their attention, then the person will click on the false advertisement and the scammer can access all of your computers information. They can get to information like credit card information or online purchases which through that they can find out where you live.
There is an issue talked about a lot lately, cyber bullies. Cyber bullies are just what they sound like, bullies online. They tease or put down people online and sometimes in person also. They make their victim feel bad about themselves. Some issues get solved by having an adult step in but some go to more extreme levels for example, depression, isolation and the worst, suicide. There is never going to be a perfect school with no problems, I know, but we can try and prevent them. A couple of those problems are rare like: terrorism, shootings, threats and severe lockdowns. But in case there is, I trust that my school would keep me and my peers safe. We, in the United States, don’t get many threats of terrorism. September 11, 2001 is the one everyone remembers. It was one of the country’s scariest times. Even though there was a lot of confusion and fear, I’m sure the people trusted the government to keep us safe if there was another attack.
The people I most trust are my parents. I believe they would protect me from any type of danger. I also trust my school to keep me safe. There are many rules but they’re all there for our safety. I also trust my government to keep our national security safe. I don’t understand why there has to be issues like bullying, terrorism, shootings, or predators. If you are bullying someone it is probably because you have issues with yourself. Solve your problems before you decide to pick on someone else’s because nobody’s perfect. In other country’s, I know they do different things than we do in America but it doesn’t mean we have to be angry about it. If you have a problem with what they are doing, then confront them, don’t attack them. Like shootings, if you are mad or upset about something, you need to go get professional help if you are thinking of shooting people for your issues. And predators, why do they need your information? You have a right to your privacy and they have no right to look at your personal information. I think the government should trace back every advertisement to the source, to see if they are real or not because it would save a lot of problems(if they are not already doing that). Overall I trust the people that are supposed to keep me safe. I hope I never get to experience the more severe issues I talked about but I do hope I can help solve and prevent them.