STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Trust and Safety: To Trust or Not To Trust?

julia.rr
There are a lot of online predators, cyber bullies, and threats at school and around us. Despite these, I trust my institutions to keep me protected. Online you never know the person you’re talking to or adding as a friend unless you’ve met them in person. But online predators aren’t the only dangers out there on the internet. There are people who put up fake advertisements for example. They attract a certain age group and find what they like or what will catch their attention, then the person will click on the false advertisement and the scammer can access all of your computers information. They can get to information like credit card information or online purchases which through that they can find out where you live.
There is an issue talked about a lot lately, cyber bullies. Cyber bullies are just what they sound like, bullies online. They tease or put down people online and sometimes in person also. They make their victim feel bad about themselves. Some issues get solved by having an adult step in but some go to more extreme levels for example, depression, isolation and the worst, suicide. There is never going to be a perfect school with no problems, I know, but we can try and prevent them. A couple of those problems are rare like: terrorism, shootings, threats and severe lockdowns. But in case there is, I trust that my school would keep me and my peers safe. We, in the United States, don’t get many threats of terrorism. September 11, 2001 is the one everyone remembers. It was one of the country’s scariest times. Even though there was a lot of confusion and fear, I’m sure the people trusted the government to keep us safe if there was another attack.
The people I most trust are my parents. I believe they would protect me from any type of danger. I also trust my school to keep me safe. There are many rules but they’re all there for our safety. I also trust my government to keep our national security safe. I don’t understand why there has to be issues like bullying, terrorism, shootings, or predators. If you are bullying someone it is probably because you have issues with yourself. Solve your problems before you decide to pick on someone else’s because nobody’s perfect. In other country’s, I know they do different things than we do in America but it doesn’t mean we have to be angry about it. If you have a problem with what they are doing, then confront them, don’t attack them. Like shootings, if you are mad or upset about something, you need to go get professional help if you are thinking of shooting people for your issues. And predators, why do they need your information? You have a right to your privacy and they have no right to look at your personal information. I think the government should trace back every advertisement to the source, to see if they are real or not because it would save a lot of problems(if they are not already doing that). Overall I trust the people that are supposed to keep me safe. I hope I never get to experience the more severe issues I talked about but I do hope I can help solve and prevent them.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy