Trust and Safety: Call me Naive

jk3
Perhaps I am naive. Or maybe it is because I am an optimist. It could even be my Christian faith. I'm not exactly sure. All I know is that I truly do trust the institutions in the United States of American to keep my safety in mind.

As far as I'm concerned, trust is my only option. How could I turn any other way? In the case of government especially, I've got nowhere to run to if I feel as though the institution is unsuccessful. I could run away if I didn;t trust my parents and drop out if I didn't trust my school. I suppose I could flee the country if I saw the need, as well. But where would all of that get me? On the streets all alone in a foreign country with limited education? And where is the safety in that?

I have faith that my God will provide for me if these institutions ever do let my down. If ever I find myself at gunpoint, I'll pray. I know that God will save me and, if not, it was time for me to die. God has a plan for me, and I will faithfully follow it. Right now, I think God wants me to do none other than to trust the people in my life that he has given me. After all, they haven't failed me yet.

Safety is the number one priority of the people who I have protecting me. Does the government not spend millions of dollars in federal protection programs? How rude would it be of me to not even give them my trust in return? Does my school not implicate all kind of drills just in case of emergency? Is a cop not present during the day as a precaution? And do my parents not love me to no end? Would they not lay down their LIVES for me?

With so many people doing so many things to protect me I don't see how I have any option but to trust them. They try so hard to be the best they can. Since I am anything but a cynic, I refuse to think that their efforts are in vain. I've went 16 years now with no major threats to my life. Call me naive. Call me crazy. But you can definitely call me trusting.