Trust and Safety: What Integrity Doesn't Teach Us About the World

theruby
Inevitably, no amount of security measures or laws can stop dangers (e.g terrorism, cyber bullying, school shootings), but there is a certain amount of faith placed in these systems to protect our generation from these threats. On the other hand, this implants a perpetual fear of such danger, which might not be necessarily beneficial to the morale of our future leaders. One must stand tall in the face of danger.
This is not to say that we should recklessly attempt to do good for our future. However, I highly doubt that the government, an inefficient and costly expense, can do much to prevent, let’s say, a terrorist from inflicting more damage upon our country if he/she was truly passionate about such. A black hole in the government constantly swallows our money, and it is rare to see any return on this involuntary “investment”. The government, as one analyst provided, would only pay $6.9 million dollars to save a person. To them, we are just another face in the crowd of Americans. To them, our lives have a price. Who is to trust a corrupt organization like our government? We lose millions of dollars each year to greed and oversight, and who is to say that we should put our life in their hands?
My parents, on the other hand, are hard-working people. However, they are not familiar with the way America works, causing me to be concerned for my safety sometimes. On the other hand, parent instincts have always kept me out of trouble, which I am very thankful about and appreciate every day that I have a home and warm food available.
When my parents were choosing a town to move to, they were very concerned with the education provided—and it is to say that they chose correctly. I live in a district where there are multiply vocational school opportunities available, and there are specialized learning academies across the township. Having gone through eight years of schooling here, I can rest assuredly knowing that my future is bright with the help of my schools. If the government has done one thing right, it is the establishment of the school system.
All in all, my impression of the safety of our national security is shady. On the other hand, America is a beautiful country—and I shouldn’t take that for granted. In other countries across the world, there are unfortunate individuals fearing that they may die any day now. Thus, I’ve concluded that America is relatively a great nation to reside in. Personally, my home and school environment are respectable—I’ve grown up under great care and schooling, and I’m proud to say that they have become pieces of me.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:50:18 PM