Trust and Safety: Being Threat Free

amblife
In this modern era where countries are moving towards revolutionaries, inevitably problems such as safety, trust and privacy that had been once pushed to the back of our minds are once again showing their true colours. Globalisation had made the world connected literally without boundaries. However, does this benefit us as residents of specific countries or serve as a threat? I as a student am aware of the frequent issues that are being discussed by parents and their concerns about our wellness. Despite that, I do not feel the tenseness of the situation. Maybe this is because I can indeed say that I trust both my parents as well as education institutions in ensuring my safety.
On the other hand, I had never thought about the government. This may be because not a large proportion of people are in favour of their government as they have high hopes and frequently criticize the government to gain their attention and serve as a trigger for them to look into the matters. This made the government looked as if it had tremendous space for improvements. For me, the world seemed to be inclining to norm. Not that we have to constantly worry about when the Al-Qaeda attack the country or crash into our schools! This is mainly because they seemed to a gap between us and the terrorists or other matters that may threaten our safety. However, the government is indeed doing a good job if we are looking it from the dimension where there have so much to take care of. The strategies they used are beyond our understanding but I trust that they would maximize the potential of the resources and share intelligence between members to ensure our country’s safety.
Ultimately, I trust my parents to ensure my safety as they are always updated on world news and since my country is located near the equator and circled by other countries that serve as a defence from natural disasters such as heavy monsoon rains or earthquakes, I do not have much to worry. However, if we have to talk about the exposure that the internet gives that may cause social problems and threaten our peaceful life, I would not say that parents are the most protective people ever, in regards for their children, but it is up to the users themselves. We just have to remember to be rational and never follow our feelings and sense as it would lead to destruction and misinterpretations. In school, we had already been thought about the merits and demerits of technologies as well as the consequences of misusing them. So life is just a practical part of the theory we learn in school!
Currently, I study in a government school that has quite nice facilities and understanding teachers. As we know that school is the place where they built and mould us, students, into useful, high morality new generations that would support the country in the near future. They had and are doing their best in ensuring that we would be save under their care as it is mentioned that the school is actually the second home for students. For example, uniforms are compulsory to prevent strangers or people who may pose as a threat from entering the school compound. Hence, I think that I am free from potential threats due to the fact that all the institutions around me are doing their best.