Trust and Safety: Trust Essay

Brittney:)
I do trust my school to keep the students safe in a lock down. However, I don’t think I trust the school in the situation of terrorism. Just because of the fact that terrorism isn’t something the school can control and have a handle on. Also the school hasn’t had an experience with anything like that so how do I know for sure that they can keep us safe in the real situation? I also don’t trust the school in being able to handle cyber bullying because that’s not usually something that happens at school. In school bullying isn’t really a problem at Bettsville and if something related to bullying did happen I’m pretty sure Mr. Wilson, our high school history teacher, will take care of it.
Do I trust my parents to keep my environment at home safe? Of course I do that’s the one place I know for sure I’m safe. A home is a place where you should be able to go and feel safe no matter what. It’s your parents’ job to care for you and keep you safe. Just like it’s the governments job to keep our nation security safe. I do trust the government to keep our national security safe, that’s why they hire policemen, fireman, and EMS. Though, sometimes none of those people can prevent something bad from happening to us, they’re still there to stop it once it has happened.
In my opinion there are certain people you feel safe with. It’s not always the place you’re at. For instance if I was at a place where I didn’t feel very safe and I was with someone that was close to me I would feel like I was a little bit safe. I think that knowing you have someone you can trust and count on makes it easier to feel safe. If a student has a good relationship with their teacher they’re probably going to feel safe with that teacher than any other. It’s just like how a girlfriend feels safe with her boyfriend, he’s someone she can trust and count on to make her feel safe in a bad situation. Part of feeling safe is being comforted and reassured that everything’s ok, that’s what parents do and school systems.