Trust and Safety: Trusting Him?

LivyluvsJC
All my life I’ve heard the scripture being said to me: “I know the plans I have for you…plans to prosper you, not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future.” But did I ever believe it? Do I?
Rocking, falling, and curving…they’re all apart of life. We have ups and downs. Things rock our world. Life throws curve-balls. But I never knew the true meaning of how our world could really rock until this past March. When my dad lost his job, I didn’t know what would happen. It was a scary time in my life. Not knowing what friends I would lose, things I would give up, and in the end what would come of it all.
Did I trust Jesus Christ to get me through? Did I think he had plans for my life?
At first I thought God had completely abandoned me. Everything seemed to fall apart. But in the end, I realized that he was there all along. He was there through the tears, screams, fears, rejections, hurts, pains, lies, times, in the best times and the worst, and he never left my side. Now, I’m living out God’s plans. I certainly would not have known something good could have come out of my dad losing his job. But something did.
I got my faith in Jesus again for one thing. Even though hardships will come again I know that when someone asks, “You’re trusting in God?” I’ll be able to say, “Yes. He is my tower of safety. He is all I ever need.”
Comment by TryTryAgain

Thanks for sharing this! I needed to be reminded of this! :) God Bless.
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:41:02 AM