Trust and Safety: Mi Familia

Xian77
These days in my families own home I feel safe. This is due to the location and community in which I reside. I trust my parents to keep our home safe. We live in a relatively small community so I have no reason to fear break-ins or otherwise. We also have a dog who barks at everything, even if she hears something that’s not there.
One time my brother and his friend were play fighting like middle-schoolers do, and his friend took a plastic chain and put it around my brother’s neck and my dog went insane. She barked, bared her, teeth and lunged but never bit. Thank God he let go of my brother and they both started laughing. My parents keep her well fed and happy, without her our house would have been broken into several times. One day we woke up to there being blood on her teeth and our front door was unlocked. We could never say for certain but we believe she saved us from getting robbed.
Without my parents I’m not sure I’d feel safe in my own home. At of the age I am I still have a lot to learn and I rely on my parents to be there when I need them for such things. We have three locks on our door, an idea by my parents to keep us safe. We have escape routes in case of a house or arson fire. But most of, all in our family, we have each other’s back.