Trust and Safety: Do I trust you?

helloel
Trust. It is an untouchable, unmovable idea lingering in our minds. Who to trust? Who to not trust? It sometimes means more than love. Love can be absorbed from anything: a favorite book, candy, parent, or friend. But trust; trust can only be installed in people or ideas that won’t budge, unlike the state of our government.
If our government is forever changing, it is harder to lay down our trust at the steps before our political leaders. After all, they are people too and do not automatically earn our trust. Too many times we do not make individual decisions concerning our safety and rely solely on the ideas of our leaders. If they say there is a crisis, we are inclined to believe there is a crisis, but what about before, when their mouths are shut and the only answers are tangled up in our minds. I feel the government has not spoken out enough and stressed the potential situations that may become realities. Terror attacks are the number one threats in our country. Though the government has confronted this fact it has not taken action to make the population of America to feel completely safe. For instance, airport security even as tight as it is, has managed to neglect potentially dangerous situations. Many people pass through security with forbidden items. Even though this happens by mistake and the items are usually harmless, what if the situation was not an accident and could have instigated a catastrophic event?
Aside from airport security, I feel safe in my everyday life at home. I trust my parents, as well as love them. At school, I trust my teachers. But as far as the government it is hard to trust a body of people you do not know.

Hi, I'm the PR Coordinator for Stage of Life. I'm leaving you this comment to let you know that your essay for our Trust and Safety writing contest was one of the finalists. Congratulations!

http://www.stageoflife.com/TeensTrustandSafety.aspx

Feel free to share this news with your friends and family. To be named an essay finalists in our national writing competition is a big deal. Our previous winners have been talked about on TIME.com and other media outlets.

Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:46:54 PM