I learned from my mom that she's just like me.

missshelbydawn
Every teen goes through that time in life when they think that their parents don't understand them. They feel that only their friends are the ones that understand, even if the matter is really personal. What I've learned since I've turned 14, I'm currently 15, is that my Mom does understand me. I talked to her about what she was like when she was my age, and she went through all the same things I did. She had friend troubles, boy troubles, school troubles, every single thing that happened to me, happened to her in some way.
One day I came home from school, sort of sad, and my mom asked me what was wrong. I told her she wouldn't understand and then walked sluggishly to my room. My mom then came into my room and told me that I can tell her anything. For the first moment ever, I believed her. I told her that a girl at school who I thought was my friend was spreading rumors about me at school and talking behind my back. My mom thought for a minute then told me that if I just ignore her, pretend it doesn't bother me, and ignore the rumors, it will go away. I didn't believe her, after all, what good will not doing anything do? I actually took my mom's advice though, I had a good feeling about what she said. In about a week, the "friend" got tired of not getting the reaction from me that she wanted and gave up.
Now I always go to my for advice. I learned from my mom that she does know how to solve life's problems. She is always there for me when I need here, and is really happy to help. Believe it or not, even though she is 40-something years old, she was my age once, and she did everything I did. She went through that awkward stage, and now she's helping me through it too. I'm sure it's not just my mom! I'm almost 99.9% sure that every single persons mom knows how to solve their children's life issues. So if you have problems, and don't know who to turn to, try your parents and if you listen to their advice I'm sure you're problems will be solved.