I learned from my mother/father...they do what they do to protect me

xXTaylorBugsXx
When I really think about it,I never realized how lucky I really am. My parents do so much for me and I always seemed to take it for Granted. After all the things my mother and father went through and all the mistakes they made, I'm so glad that they can be here for me and protect me from making all the wrong decisions. My mother had been through a lot. When I was 10 years old she finally came out and told me that my grandfather isn't my real grandfather, her biological dad had beaten and molested her, my grandmother, and my Uncle. The guy I know as my grandfather; I'm so lucky to have. He cares and protected my mother. He had payed $10,000 just to adopt her from her biological father when she was 4 or 5 years old. When she was 13, she had started to make many mistakes. She had lost her virginity, started sneaking out of the house, and did many other things. When she had my sister she was only 19 and had to grow up pretty fast, she was a stay at home mom for a while and it was pretty tough with money and bills, she ended up not going to college until she was 30 and when she got out she was so proud and so was I. My father, he is an an amazing guy. He's been through a lot before him and my mother got married. He got married the first time when he was in high school because his girlfriend was pregnant. He ended up not being able to graduate which played a big part with getting a job. A few years later he had joined the army and wasn't around much, so him and his wife had divorced. They had 2 kids named Daniel and Caitlyn. After the divorce he had got into drugs and alcohol. He was a drunk for a while and that prevented him from seeing his children very often until their preteen years. When he was 26 the partying started to calm down and then he had met my mother. They got married about a year later when my mother was 18. My parents want us to have a better life and be able to live with less worries or troubles, so everything they do is for the best. Like getting grounded, doing chores, and preventing us from doing things or seeing certain people. The things I never really understood until now. So to them I'd like to say thank you, my future will be brighter because of you two.