I learned from my mother that she was an inspiring musician in her community

A bene placito
Wow! Where to begin? My mother grew up in a small town in South Korea. She was in her teens during the 70s' and 80s', and that's when music inspired her. Since she and her best friends already knew how to play an instrument, they formed a band. Loosely translated, "The Inspiring" my mother told me was what the band was called. Unlike other new bands from her town, she and her best friends were influenced by Madonna, Lionel Richie, ABBA, Queen, Led Zeppelin, and the Jackson 5. Their music was influenced by western culture and music. Nevertheless, they out-competed with the other new bands and finally got a gig in a local club. Even though they made a little money, it was the music that really counted. Jazz, pop, and rock were very popular where she grew up.
In the end, the band broke up, but kept in touch time to time. In addition, my mother is now teaching my sister the piano and the flute.
With this new knowledge, I was befuddled. It baffled me that she was once a musician because all I see her doing at home is cooking, cleaning, and keeping my sister and me check in school. I now see my mom with this new halo above her and a banner that says, "best mom ever!" This all changed my perception of a boring mother to a rock and roll mother. I just now hope that she can reunite with her friends to play at least one song again.