I learned from my father the beauty of life and how not just to cherish it, but to share it with everyone.

Nightshadow
Many parents say that their kids are the most important thing in their lives. They would “catch a grenade” for them, they would put their life on the line to keep their children safe. My dad grew up with no father in a country in which a fatherless boy is the “boy who will go wrong in life”. My father told me, with tears in his eyes, that at first he could not help but feel worried that he was going to become his father as he held me in his arms for the first time. But he vowed that he would never leave my mother, as his father did, and he kept his promise. When he had a heart attack a year later, he said that the sound of me crying was the reason he survived. He promised to not leave my mother and I, a promise that he keeps every day. My view of my father changed drastically, because I realize now how much my father gives up for my sisters and me every day. He toils at work, seven am till seven pm, and he comes home grouchy and tired. But he never fails to indulge us to a smile. I realize that life is something that you should cherish and you should also share with the ones you love. I have gained the insight that my father has always tried to instill in me but I was never able to comprehend. My father gives up his life and his time to give us the beautiful life he wishes he could have had. He became the father he always wanted but never had. He became the man that his father could never be. He has his days, the days he snaps but he is only human. I have learned to look past these and realize how much he has sacrificed for my family and me. I, like him, now look at the beauty of life. We listen to music together, and even though he never had the opportunity to learn music, he still enjoys the beauty of it. He has always been my role model, but now he has also become my inspiration, my muse. He has inadvertently caused me to inspect my life and I realize now how much we ignore the world and forget to smell the roses. Because at any second, we could lose this beautiful thing called life. And I would never want to throw away something that my father worked so hard to take care of. One simple question was all it took to open a whole new door of insight of my father’s life. And that insight has shown me a whole new side of my father that I will treasure forever.