I Learned from My Mother That She Was Both Class Valedictorian and Class Clown

nhenning14

The other night when I randomly asked my mom something I did not know about her, she immediately asked why. She originally seemed quite hesitant to tell me anything! Of course I knew the obvious of where she grew up, what school and college she went to, how many dogs and cats she had, exedra. She answered my question with responses such as “I lost my first tooth at age 6!” or “ when I was your age, I had a perm!” I immediately responded telling her that I wanted to know something funny. She gave me a look and told me she was not only her class valedictorian but also the class clown!
This shocked me immense amounts considering the fact that my mom is the most uptight person I have ever met. It seems that my mom, the "class clown" that she is, cannot take a joke herself. Making a witty comment to her oftentimes leads to me being grounded for the weekend. I tend to also be a comical person. Does this mean I can assume that I am going to grow up to be exactly like my mother? This story just goes to show just how much someone can change within 20 years. It is easy for me to say that I most definitely view my mom differently now. What’s confusing to me is how that many people can view my mom as funny. I guess how the fashion of people has changed in the last 20 years so has the peoples’ views of what’s funny.