I learned from my father that it is alright to be afraid sometimes

awalker14
When my father first pulled into Northeastern University, he was petrified at what he had seen. He was so fearful, in fact, that he almost turned back around to his home in Vermont in cowardice. But what could he have possibly seen that made him so horrified? He saw a large grouping of police cars and people next to a man’s dorm room. The occurrence that took place at that gloomy site was that a man jumped out of his window and committed suicide due to too much stress in his courses. This important event in my father’s life taught me that it is alright to be afraid sometimes, but it certainly does not mean to give up on your dreams. This is very ironic for my father because I believe that not only did it teach me that it is alright to be afraid sometimes, but I think it also taught him that lesson as well. This was a good experience for my father because he knew why he was going to college, to start a great life for him and his future family. This occurrence truly showed me and it probably also showed him that no matter how hard times may be in a situation, goals and dreams are meant to come true. After that moment, he knew that he really wanted to be there and that nothing could possibly get in his way of receiving that Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, which was still a career choice that had yet to be decided. My father is now a very noble man who, in my eyes, fears nothing. He is a man who know how to get things done in this world and does not procrastinate. My father is also a man who perseveres and will never give up once he starts doing something. He is also a man who likes to have fun and enjoys being with other people and expresses his emotions. I believe that these are just a few of his best traits and they are some of the best traits that anyone can have. These can all possibly be acquired traits from that experience on his first day at Northeastern University, when he saw all those people, all the blinking lights, and all of the sorrow. It is people like my father that make the world a much better place to be living in.