STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Learned From my Mother that She Worked for a Record Label in College

ccastellana14
Chris Castellana
Mrs. Pinto
21st Century Computer Applications
10 June 2011
I Learned From my Mother that She Worked for a Record Label in College
When I asked my mother to tell me something that I didn’t know about, the answer was very surprising. She told me that, in college, she worked for a record label. To be specific, a heavy metal record label. This was very intriguing for me to hear because my mom is the last person who I thought would work at a heavy metal record label.
At the record label, my mom worked as a special assistant for the boss of the label, who was called Metal-Head Maria. The label was the well-known metal label, MegaForce Records. They have worked with famous metal and rock bands such as Metallica, Anthrax, and King’s X. These are all hardcore rock bands, which is surprising because my mom usually listens to pop music. This doesn’t really change my view of my mom, but it makes me realize that she may have had different like or dislikes when she was younger than she does now.
Although I had no major parental paradigm shift when my mom told me this story, it still did change my perception of her very slightly. Even though my view changed a little bit, for the most part, it was just a very interesting story. My mom was able to meet many famous band members and their lead singers. One time, she met the Red Hot Chili Peppers at a club in New York City as part of her job. Even though, at the time, Megaforce was based in New Brunswick, the label frequently went in to New York City to visit clients and prospective signees. One such meeting involved the band “Red Hot Chili Peppers.” My mother was able to meet the band and have dinner with them at a restaurant before going to a club at another location in New York City. She also met Scott Ian, the lead singer of the heavy metal and rock group Anthrax.
All in all, I think that my mother’s story about something that I never knew about her was very interesting and intriguing. She told me about many different encounters with famous musicians and record producers. In my wildest dreams, I had never my mother to work for a heavy metal record label, especially one like Megaforce. Despite being surprised at her revelation, I did not experience a parental paradigm shift. Instead I was able to become more open-minded and realize that my mother has done many interesting and exciting things that I have never known about.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy