I Learned From my Mother that She Worked for a Record Label in College

ccastellana14
Chris Castellana
Mrs. Pinto
21st Century Computer Applications
10 June 2011
When I asked my mother to tell me something that I didn’t know about, the answer was very surprising. She told me that, in college, she worked for a record label. To be specific, a heavy metal record label. This was very intriguing for me to hear because my mom is the last person who I thought would work at a heavy metal record label.
At the record label, my mom worked as a special assistant for the boss of the label, who was called Metal-Head Maria. The label was the well-known metal label, MegaForce Records. They have worked with famous metal and rock bands such as Metallica, Anthrax, and King’s X. These are all hardcore rock bands, which is surprising because my mom usually listens to pop music. This doesn’t really change my view of my mom, but it makes me realize that she may have had different like or dislikes when she was younger than she does now.
Although I had no major parental paradigm shift when my mom told me this story, it still did change my perception of her very slightly. Even though my view changed a little bit, for the most part, it was just a very interesting story. My mom was able to meet many famous band members and their lead singers. One time, she met the Red Hot Chili Peppers at a club in New York City as part of her job. Even though, at the time, Megaforce was based in New Brunswick, the label frequently went in to New York City to visit clients and prospective signees. One such meeting involved the band “Red Hot Chili Peppers.” My mother was able to meet the band and have dinner with them at a restaurant before going to a club at another location in New York City. She also met Scott Ian, the lead singer of the heavy metal and rock group Anthrax.
All in all, I think that my mother’s story about something that I never knew about her was very interesting and intriguing. She told me about many different encounters with famous musicians and record producers. In my wildest dreams, I had never my mother to work for a heavy metal record label, especially one like Megaforce. Despite being surprised at her revelation, I did not experience a parental paradigm shift. Instead I was able to become more open-minded and realize that my mother has done many interesting and exciting things that I have never known about.