I have learned from my mother that I was foretold to be born by a psychic.

arleneblabagno
I was truly staggered when my mother had told me I was foretold by a fortune teller. Not only was it a very fascinating story, but it changed my outlook on her in a more positive, interesting way, that I should've asked my mom this question years before. It all started with an invite to her friend's psychic party and surprisingly my mom wanted to go for some reason I have yet to find out. I kid you not my mother is the most hard-core religious catholic lady I've ever known, so when she told me that she was taking this initiative to go to this party, my jaw literally dropped. It didn't even matter what kind of party it was, just the fact that she went to a function was out of this world for me. So when the party started the fortune teller had sensed that a particular woman at that party was with child, so he announced it to everyone. What a great way to start a party, right? Of course my mom didn't even have a doubt in her mind that it was her, I mean she already had 2 toddlers as it was. Though when it came to her one-on-one fortune with the psychic he instantly knew that she was the one with child because her ora was the whitest and brightest ora out of everyone there. He asks her "Do you plan on having anymore kids?," and my mom knew at that moment that she was the one with the bun in the oven. He didn't even have to tell her the exact words because he could tell by the look on her face that she knew exactly what he was going to say. So after hearing what this mad man had to say she left, picked up a pregnancy test and sure enough she was pregnant-- 3 weeks to be exact.
You know, My mom was definitely caught off guard about her pregnancy, as well as many other parents and we see them as these uptight, "I want to ruin your life," monsters that have been put on this earth by God for the main purpose of specifically controlling our lives . . . but they aren't. I mean yes I have had numerous accounts of this so-called monster appearing in my doorway, scolding me in this unknown language called "parenting," until my ears have blown off my head, but this horror scene can instantly turn into my spontaneous, somewhat temperate mother. She is obviously capable of letting her hair down to step out of little bubble called her "comfort zone," once in a blue moon. My fellow teenagers, I have learned our parents are not just these grumpy, disciplinary minions, they are actually humans that have experienced everything that we are going through, memories that are unforgettable, and stories that have shaped them into the grumpy, disciplinary minion that we learn to love, no matter how bad the circumstances are.