I learned from my father that he used to sing

skool grl 13
Dear Diary,
Since I have a better relationship with my mother than my father, I thought I would ask him a question. What it is there about you that I don’t already know?
I can’t believe it! My dad just told me that he used to sing. I never thought that he would ever in a million years sing. My dad has always been a big person. When I was young, he was a body builder. His arms were as big as any normal man’s legs. He would also pick us up and carry us on his shoulders. I remember that he also had a motorcycle and a giant monster truck. The wheels were taller than an average twelve year old.
When my dad was growing up, he only had his three older sisters in the house with him. I kind of feel sorry for him. I know how it is to grow up with only my sisters. It’s horrible. But when he was younger, they liked to play dress up with him. They would paint his nails, and put a dress on him. I’m a girl, and even I don’t like being on the receiving end of that kind of treatment.
In school, I can’t imagine my dad being in the coir. You don’t see many big or tough guys singing in the group. Most of them are in the band, and a couple in the orchestra. Very seldom are they in the coir.
I definitely see my father differently because I always thought he would never want to sing. I’ve always thought that he thought singing was girly. I guess not anymore. Maybe one of these days I will be able to hear him sing.