STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

My Parents Don't Believe Me... And I Can't Believe Them

mynameisASHley
The other night, after coming home from school, my father sits me at the table and throws two "Mike;s Hard Lemonade" bottle caps at me. He started yelling and said, "Who do you think you are? You're barely 16 years old and before band practice you decide you're gonna go out and get drunk? This is what we get for letting you have a boyfriend and letting you stay after school and have friends."

My mom was looking at me with disbelief in her eyes. "Your grandmother found these in you back pocket today after she washed them. I can't believe you could be this stupid."

Not only were they in disbelief, I was too. How did they get there. Who do I know at school that would put them in my pocket. What pants were they found in? Do they really think I am that stupid and would go out and drink underage? Why do they really think they're mine?
"I don't know where those came from, but they are not mine. Maybe someone at school put them in my pockets? I don't know how they got there." I told the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth so help me God.
My mom wanted none of it, "Okay, like someone at school would do that. You are a terrible liar."

How could they not believe me? As I went to the basement to do my homework, I remembered that I did go to my friends' apartment. Maybe she thought it was a joke and I would find them before I went home. When she replied to my e-mail text, I was relieved to find they didnt do it, but she did give me hand me downs and that was definatly where they came from.

Although I tried to tell them the truth, they didn't want to hear it. I was wrong, and they were right. They had lost all trust in me I just gained back. I help out around the house and practice abstinence and don't smoke OR drink. I can't believe they don't believe me. Hopefully this will all just blow over and I will be able to gain their trust back.

I wish they really did have faith in me. We where just tying our bond back together and now it's loose and just not going to be fixed for a while.
Rate this:
Comment by sullysolipsism

Hi, Ashley, this is Keilah. I'm not sure if you'll see that I wrote back to you on MY blog thingy, so I just copied and pasted it below to make sure you see it (I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you!).

. . .

Hi, Ashley! I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! I've been vacationing around the country (and for three weeks out of the country!) practically all summer and I just now got your message. Hmmm . . . feature writing?

Honestly, the beauty of blogging is that you can write about whatever you feel like, and the beauty of Stage of Life is that you are speaking almost expressly to your own peers, people who understand and undergo the same things as you - in this case, fellow teenagers. I like to write about "big" things, per se, or things that are happening to almost everyone at a given time. For example, back-to-school or prom or parent trouble. But you could also choose to delve into specifics. Or you could tie in your blog to the current Stage of Life High School contest, which I feel can lend a cohesiveness to the website: wherever the visitor clicks s/he can see the same theme building every month.

I'm sure you'll do great and I can't wait to read your blogs! I hope I was able to help, and hit me up if you have any more questions. I think I'm a fairly new "featured writer" as well. What I personally do (and I don't recommend this at all), is I usually forget all about the blog (not intentionally) and then the day of or a day or two beforehand I suddenly remember that I need to write a blog and send it in to Eric/Megan ASAP.

Then I freak out and steal my mom's laptop and make myself sit still and just write for twenty minutes. I write the first thing that's on my mind, proof read, proof read again, and then send it in. I work best under pressure, but I think I need to set up some sort of schedule so I start thinking about my blog a week before it's due or something, you know? ;) Might make my life a little less hectic . . .

Anyway, figure out your own "thing." Again, I can't wait to read your blogs! :)

Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:10:25 AM
Rate this:
Comment by mynameisASHley

Thanks sooo much!! I'm kinda understanding this now!! Sorry. I didn't realize you had replied back on your blog, it never showed up in my email or anything!! Thanks again.. it was a big help!! By the way, I read your blog about your trip. It sounds like you had loads of fun!! My sister, 13, gets those letters all the time, but my parents just rip them up and throw them out. Okay, now to start my own blog.. all I do is go on blogspot.com and it's totally free and everything? That's the only part that I'm afraid of, I want to be an English teacher and I would like to start writing now, but I have no money to waste trying to make my own blog. Thanks!!
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:46:30 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy