My Parents Don't Believe Me... And I Can't Believe Them

mynameisASHley
The other night, after coming home from school, my father sits me at the table and throws two "Mike;s Hard Lemonade" bottle caps at me. He started yelling and said, "Who do you think you are? You're barely 16 years old and before band practice you decide you're gonna go out and get drunk? This is what we get for letting you have a boyfriend and letting you stay after school and have friends."

My mom was looking at me with disbelief in her eyes. "Your grandmother found these in you back pocket today after she washed them. I can't believe you could be this stupid."

Not only were they in disbelief, I was too. How did they get there. Who do I know at school that would put them in my pocket. What pants were they found in? Do they really think I am that stupid and would go out and drink underage? Why do they really think they're mine?
"I don't know where those came from, but they are not mine. Maybe someone at school put them in my pockets? I don't know how they got there." I told the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth so help me God.
My mom wanted none of it, "Okay, like someone at school would do that. You are a terrible liar."

How could they not believe me? As I went to the basement to do my homework, I remembered that I did go to my friends' apartment. Maybe she thought it was a joke and I would find them before I went home. When she replied to my e-mail text, I was relieved to find they didnt do it, but she did give me hand me downs and that was definatly where they came from.

Although I tried to tell them the truth, they didn't want to hear it. I was wrong, and they were right. They had lost all trust in me I just gained back. I help out around the house and practice abstinence and don't smoke OR drink. I can't believe they don't believe me. Hopefully this will all just blow over and I will be able to gain their trust back.

I wish they really did have faith in me. We where just tying our bond back together and now it's loose and just not going to be fixed for a while.
Comment by sullysolipsism

Hi, Ashley, this is Keilah. I'm not sure if you'll see that I wrote back to you on MY blog thingy, so I just copied and pasted it below to make sure you see it (I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you!).

. . .

Hi, Ashley! I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! I've been vacationing around the country (and for three weeks out of the country!) practically all summer and I just now got your message. Hmmm . . . feature writing?

Honestly, the beauty of blogging is that you can write about whatever you feel like, and the beauty of Stage of Life is that you are speaking almost expressly to your own peers, people who understand and undergo the same things as you - in this case, fellow teenagers. I like to write about "big" things, per se, or things that are happening to almost everyone at a given time. For example, back-to-school or prom or parent trouble. But you could also choose to delve into specifics. Or you could tie in your blog to the current Stage of Life High School contest, which I feel can lend a cohesiveness to the website: wherever the visitor clicks s/he can see the same theme building every month.

I'm sure you'll do great and I can't wait to read your blogs! I hope I was able to help, and hit me up if you have any more questions. I think I'm a fairly new "featured writer" as well. What I personally do (and I don't recommend this at all), is I usually forget all about the blog (not intentionally) and then the day of or a day or two beforehand I suddenly remember that I need to write a blog and send it in to Eric/Megan ASAP.

Then I freak out and steal my mom's laptop and make myself sit still and just write for twenty minutes. I write the first thing that's on my mind, proof read, proof read again, and then send it in. I work best under pressure, but I think I need to set up some sort of schedule so I start thinking about my blog a week before it's due or something, you know? ;) Might make my life a little less hectic . . .

Anyway, figure out your own "thing." Again, I can't wait to read your blogs! :)

Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:10:25 AM
Comment by mynameisASHley

Thanks sooo much!! I'm kinda understanding this now!! Sorry. I didn't realize you had replied back on your blog, it never showed up in my email or anything!! Thanks again.. it was a big help!! By the way, I read your blog about your trip. It sounds like you had loads of fun!! My sister, 13, gets those letters all the time, but my parents just rip them up and throw them out. Okay, now to start my own blog.. all I do is go on blogspot.com and it's totally free and everything? That's the only part that I'm afraid of, I want to be an English teacher and I would like to start writing now, but I have no money to waste trying to make my own blog. Thanks!!
Posted: Sunday, August 7, 2011 12:46:30 PM