I learned from my mother how to freak out.

n1salamander
Dear Amanda's brain,

Today I asked my mom to tell me something I didn't know about her. She decided to tell me a little secret. She told me why she freaks out on me and my brother and, of course, my dad. My mom said that her freak outs come from a place of hurt and love. I told her that what she was saying didn't make any sense. Mama bear explained that when she asks, tells, and/or says anything to us and we don't listen or roll our eyes or do anything disrespectful she says that it hurts her deeply. It doesn't at first make her mad it makes her sad which then leads to a fear based response. I feel bad for all the things I have done to her in the past that have made her so sad that she needed to get stern with me. I hope she forgives me for everything. I hope she knows how much I love her and that i would never want to do anything to hurt her. She says that she will always love me but sometimes I think that I mess up with her so bad that she will not love me as much as she did the day before. I feel really bad every time I mess up but now I feel worse. I think from just what she told me I have a different point of view of her. Therefore, when she is yelling at me and demanding me to do something I might want to do it so I do not make her sad. I think a lot of teens like me can use this advise with there mothers as well. I hope with me that it will help my not-so-good relationship with my mom.

For tonight,
Amanda
Comment by n1salamander

This section is from my journal that I wrote a few weeks ago. I hope all the other teens out there appreciate this!!!
Posted: Monday, June 6, 2011 12:50:27 AM
Comment by Guest

Posts: 2,760
Action rqeiures knowledge, and now I can act!
Posted: Monday, January 2, 2012 4:31:05 AM