STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I learned from my father that he was engaged to another woman before he married my mother

mangubaf
I Learned From My Father That He Was Engaged To Another Woman Before He Married My Mother

Yes, I learned from my dad that he was once engaged to another woman before he married my mom. To be honest, I laughed when he told me this, and I also felt kind of mad towards the other women. I mean what kid wouldn’t be mad if they found out one of their parents was about to marry another person, which means they wouldn’t be alive today? I was a little mad for sure. My dad always told me he was a ladies’ man but I would never believe him; I would just end up laughing. We’d always joke about his many girlfriends. He’d say, “Hey look it’s my girlfriend,” and I would say, “Yeah right,” but in reality I did not expect him to tell me he was engaged to another woman before he married my mom.
My dad told me he dated my mom long before he met the other woman he proposed to first, but they ended up separating. My mother rejected him, and specifically told him, “If I’m not married in five years, come back to me and I’ll marry you then,” and that’s exactly what my dad did when his first proposal didn’t work out. I guess my dad and his first fiancé, “Emma” didn’t work out so well because “Emma’s” dad didn’t like my dad’s family, the Mangubats. The Mangubats in my dad’s town were known to be rich and a little snobby because they were well known around the town and had all the money. So “Emma’s” dad didn’t want “Emma” to marry someone like that because “Emma’s” family wasn’t that lucky when it comes to money. Of course my dad isn’t snobby at all, but when you see how a family acts you assume everyone in that family acts the same way.
When the engagement didn’t work out my dad ran back to my mom. When my dad arrived at my mom’s doorstep the first thing my mom said to my dad was, “I thought you were already married?” I didn’t know how to respond to comment but to just laugh. It got me thinking that my mom and dad had a really weird relationship before they got married.
After my dad told me this story about his past I never knew about, it really got me thinking. I realized my dad loved some other girl other than my mom. If my dad ended up marry “Emma” then my sister and I would have never been born, and I wouldn’t be where I am today. So I thank God for his plan that guided my dad towards my mom.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy