I learned from my father that he was engaged to another woman before he married my mother

mangubaf
I Learned From My Father That He Was Engaged To Another Woman Before He Married My Mother

Yes, I learned from my dad that he was once engaged to another woman before he married my mom. To be honest, I laughed when he told me this, and I also felt kind of mad towards the other women. I mean what kid wouldn’t be mad if they found out one of their parents was about to marry another person, which means they wouldn’t be alive today? I was a little mad for sure. My dad always told me he was a ladies’ man but I would never believe him; I would just end up laughing. We’d always joke about his many girlfriends. He’d say, “Hey look it’s my girlfriend,” and I would say, “Yeah right,” but in reality I did not expect him to tell me he was engaged to another woman before he married my mom.
My dad told me he dated my mom long before he met the other woman he proposed to first, but they ended up separating. My mother rejected him, and specifically told him, “If I’m not married in five years, come back to me and I’ll marry you then,” and that’s exactly what my dad did when his first proposal didn’t work out. I guess my dad and his first fiancé, “Emma” didn’t work out so well because “Emma’s” dad didn’t like my dad’s family, the Mangubats. The Mangubats in my dad’s town were known to be rich and a little snobby because they were well known around the town and had all the money. So “Emma’s” dad didn’t want “Emma” to marry someone like that because “Emma’s” family wasn’t that lucky when it comes to money. Of course my dad isn’t snobby at all, but when you see how a family acts you assume everyone in that family acts the same way.
When the engagement didn’t work out my dad ran back to my mom. When my dad arrived at my mom’s doorstep the first thing my mom said to my dad was, “I thought you were already married?” I didn’t know how to respond to comment but to just laugh. It got me thinking that my mom and dad had a really weird relationship before they got married.
After my dad told me this story about his past I never knew about, it really got me thinking. I realized my dad loved some other girl other than my mom. If my dad ended up marry “Emma” then my sister and I would have never been born, and I wouldn’t be where I am today. So I thank God for his plan that guided my dad towards my mom.