STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I overcame a serious injury that happened at the wrong time of my life.

laxchick33
Last summer I was being scouted by colleges for lacrosse as a sophomore in high school. This summer, (after my junior year) was supposed to be the highlight of my high school lacrosse career. The time I could finally be officially contacted by college coaches and really focus on propelling forward in my skill level catching the eyes of many scouts. I had made my summer elite team in the fall and was going to be starting practices with that team and preparing for the summer tournaments. I was so excited halfway through my spring season with my high school team. We had improved so much since the year before and had a winning record. But my spring season was cut short as well as my dreams of playing in front of hundreds of college coaches and scouts this summer after tearing my acl, meniscus, and cartilage in my knee. It happened in a game after pivoting to goal. By far the worst pain I've ever been in. And the only thing I could think of was how my summer was ruined. No lacrosse for 8-9 months (the remainder of my spring season, summer and recruiting, and winter indoor league.) Lacrosse is my life. I live to play this sport. There is just something about the rush i get after every draw, after every shot. Feeling my legs carry me up and down the field. That feeling is my way of forgetting everything that has troubled me that day and gives me the oppertunity to express my anger on the field. Its the fuel to my fire. Im learning to live with it now, and I will admit I'm getting nervous knowing surgery is right around the corner. But one thing I have learned is that next year i will be the best lacrosse player i have ever been because of what life threw at me. So a word to opposing teams next year- you better watch out.
Rate this:
Comment by 1chorusgirl

This was a really difficult time for me too. It was hard striving through the rest of the season without you next to me on the field yelling brickwall!! You really are my brickwall and keep me tough in goal. I loved what you said about other teams watching out. They better watch out. We are at the top of our game. I'm going to miss you during the winter league but I know nothing will keep you away. If you need anything, I've always got your back! Love ya girl!
Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:16:08 AM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy