I overcame a serious injury that happened at the wrong time of my life.

laxchick33
Last summer I was being scouted by colleges for lacrosse as a sophomore in high school. This summer, (after my junior year) was supposed to be the highlight of my high school lacrosse career. The time I could finally be officially contacted by college coaches and really focus on propelling forward in my skill level catching the eyes of many scouts. I had made my summer elite team in the fall and was going to be starting practices with that team and preparing for the summer tournaments. I was so excited halfway through my spring season with my high school team. We had improved so much since the year before and had a winning record. But my spring season was cut short as well as my dreams of playing in front of hundreds of college coaches and scouts this summer after tearing my acl, meniscus, and cartilage in my knee. It happened in a game after pivoting to goal. By far the worst pain I've ever been in. And the only thing I could think of was how my summer was ruined. No lacrosse for 8-9 months (the remainder of my spring season, summer and recruiting, and winter indoor league.) Lacrosse is my life. I live to play this sport. There is just something about the rush i get after every draw, after every shot. Feeling my legs carry me up and down the field. That feeling is my way of forgetting everything that has troubled me that day and gives me the oppertunity to express my anger on the field. Its the fuel to my fire. Im learning to live with it now, and I will admit I'm getting nervous knowing surgery is right around the corner. But one thing I have learned is that next year i will be the best lacrosse player i have ever been because of what life threw at me. So a word to opposing teams next year- you better watch out.
Comment by 1chorusgirl

This was a really difficult time for me too. It was hard striving through the rest of the season without you next to me on the field yelling brickwall!! You really are my brickwall and keep me tough in goal. I loved what you said about other teams watching out. They better watch out. We are at the top of our game. I'm going to miss you during the winter league but I know nothing will keep you away. If you need anything, I've always got your back! Love ya girl!
Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:16:08 AM