I Overcame Dependency

fhstar9
When we are young, we rely on other people to survive because it's our only way. But as time goes on, we learn to be more independent. In high school teens are still typically rather attached and depend upon their parents to pay the bills, buy them food and clothing, and take them every where need be. Fortunately, this year I was able to overcome my dependency.

I live with my mom in a quiet town called Red Lion. There's not a lot of opportunity or "fun" things to do around here. Almost a year ago I decided it was time to get a job. I realized I was getting my license soon and I'd need money to pay for gas and insurance. Once I got my job and then my license, there was no turning back.

Often times I go without seeing my mom for a few days at a time. She is busy working full time, as I am a full time student and work about 30 hours a week. On weekends she heads over to her boyfriends house and I go to work and either come home or hang out with friends. Regardless, more often than not, I have no one to answer to.

I make my own money and I drive myself to where I need to be. I am very independent for my age, I think. I must say I do rely on my mom for medical bills and obviously to put a roof over my head. Other than that, I might as well be living on my own. I can't say I mind it.