I Overcame my Junior Year

bagail
The hardest thing for any High school student is balancing school with the rest of their lives. This is no different for me. This year, my junior year, was by far my toughest year to balance everything going on in my busy life. Between classes, sports and all my extracurricular activities, I barely had any time to myself.
My classes this year were the hardest I have probably ever taken, I had three AP classes which included yearlong AP calculus (calc 1 and 2), year long AP United States History, and AP psychology, and on top of that I had my regular classes such as English. One of the hardest classes for me this year was calculus. Prior to this year I generally breezed through math classes without a lot of trouble. This was the first year I was really challenged in math. It took a lot of adjusting to because I had to spend a lot more time on homework and studying. Not only calculus, but my other classes took a lot more time and effort this year than I was used to in previous years.
On top of schoolwork during the day, I also participated in sports after school throughout the year. I participated in Varsity Soccer in the fall, Varsity Basketball in the winter, and Club Soccer and AAU Basketball in the spring. High school sports really limited the amount of time I had to do school work because there was at least 2 hours of practice every day (for soccer and basketball). And if we weren’t practicing, we had a game (usually 1to 2 a week). Game nights usually meant getting home late and not having much time to do homework before or after. My life also became very hectic when my basketball team made it to states this year and won. Continuing in the state playoffs extended our season by almost 3 weeks, causing it to overlap with my club soccer.
As if school and sports weren’t enough, I also participated in a number of extracurricular activities, which included multiple honor societies and my church youth group. This year I was accepted into the National Honor Society, the National English Honor Society, and Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society). Within these honor societies, I had to do a certain number of community service hours and tutoring hours throughout the year for each. Another activity that I participated in this year, and the past two years, is my church youth group. I volunteer as a peer minister. As a peer minister I help to lead small groups and run meetings and retreats. Peer ministry frequently took up most of my weekends (mostly Sundays).
The combination of all these activities, schoolwork, and sports was definitely one of the most challenging things I have worked through this year. However, I was able to work through this challenge to have a very successful year.