I Overcame Decisions

dailyheadband
High school is probably the most important part of your life. Decisions you make now will probably affect you for the rest of forever. Whereas before when grades didn’t really matter, now they are massively important, as are draconian tests that go on for hours. This pressure can break many students. I had to deal with a few decisions within this last year, and deciding what choices to make was certainly not easy.
One of the first hard decisions I had to make was cutting down on extra curricular activities. As the kind of person who is used to saying yes to people, and I had find a way to decide what activities to opt out of. This was a very hard decision to make, but ultimately these choices gave me a more relaxing year.
Another hard decision I had to make is where I was going to attend school next year. I got the opportunity to be a part of a charter school program where all the classes I would take would be at the local community college. This meant that I would have to leave the school I was attending in the middle of high school, and that I wouldn’t be able to see my friends as much. This decision took a lot of thought and was very difficult to make, but I finally was able to through the help of friends and family.
The last decision I had to make was whether or not to take the AP test in one of the classes I was taking. Would I be paying $87 to stress myself with no other benefit? Especially, if, as mentioned before, next year I would be taking classes at a community college and would be able to get college credits galore. Finally, I just had to finally make a decision. A decision I become happier with as I watched the May 12 test day approach and my friends freak out.
Part of high school is making decisions. I am glad to have been able to overcome these decisions I’ve had to make, and I do not regret the choices I made. I know I have many more decisions to make in the years to come. I hope having dealt with these will give me more confidence when it comes time to make them.