I Overcame the Fear of Unreached Goals

Shabnam
I already knew that Junior Year was the most important year in high school because colleges would really be taking into account the grades I got that year, so I knew that not getting all A's was unacceptable. I took AP English Language because me and my high expectations wanted me to take the most challenging coarses offered. English is my worst subject, but I did fine in Honors Humanities and Honors English, so I didn't realize how much harder it was going to be.

I did not realize how bad I was at English and reading between the lines etc until I got my first B on my High School report card in that class.(I actually got 2 B's both trimesters for the record). You would think I would be devastated and cry, but when I got it, I knew it was coming and it actually didn't really phase me. I accepted it. I literally accept the fact that I was not blessed with writing and English skills, and I am actually totally okay with that. I understand that in life, everyone has the things they are good at and not good at. I didn't let pride get in my head.

I wasn't really the B that I was afraid of, but just not getting into the college of my dreams. I didn't want one B to ruin that, which is possible with how competitive it is these days to get into college.

Personally, the way I look at this situation, is that no matter what happens, my dreams are still going to come true. Even though I got two B's, I'm still going to reach my career goals of becoming a filmmaker and businesswoman. I'm pretty sure colleges will already know that I'm not an English person (with my grades in the class and with my numerous math and science classes), and I'm pretty sure they are going to be fine with that, especially since my major and focuses will be no where close to that.

For the kids that are reading this, the lesson of the story is that when something dreadful regarding grades happens to you, just ask yourself "Am I going to survive?" and if the answer is "Yes," guess what, you are. Life goes on-it really does. You can still do everything you want to do in life - No one can stop you.