I overcame my Junior year.

tanyan
I was told that this, my junior Year, would be the hardest year of my high school career. And yes, they were absolutely right. It was not just school and grades that I was concern about either. I had other things to worry about, things like, sports, clubs, friends, and family. I however had no idea that it would be this difficult. Throughout this school year I have learned many things; the value of sleep, how important friendship is, and that although very important, grades are not everything.
First of all, grades. Grades are the thing that all teenagers tend to stress about. I was and probably still am one of those types of teens. I always expected myself to get all “A”s. The difference this year was my AP classes. Sometimes I would think of how my friends are able to balance out sports, clubs, and multiple AP classes and how it was so difficult for me. Why couldn’t I get that 4.4 GPA instead of my lowly 3.8? I believe that they were extremely difficult for me to balance out and this was the source of the problem. After a while, I did get used to them and although I did not get the “A” that I wanted I still have to say that I did pretty well. All I can ever ask of myself is if I try my best.
This year I have also been put in a very scary situation. I almost endangered the life of a friend during track season. All that I will say of this is that this was an accident, everyone is fine and that my friend is still my friend. I had never put another human in danger before. All I ever felt after that incident was guilt, was fear for her life, and if our friendship was still intact. During this time, I received a lot of “it’s not your fault” and “don’t worry about it, she’s fine” .I knew they wouldn’t understand and that was it. I would go to school completely down, all the time I felt weary and guilt. I would get random flashbacks of everything of that day, the image and especially the sounds. However, with a lot of moral support from the adults around me as well as my friends (including the injured one), I somehow got through this situation.
This year was a difficult year to deal with. I shouldn’t worry about grades as much as I did and set new goals for myself non-GPA related for example getting into UC Irvine or UCLA. I shouldn’t let stumps in life take over my life. Although it is over, I always occasionally look back and see what I could have done differently. This year was a big eye-opener to me, and although it is almost over I feel like this will be the beginning of adversity in life.