I overcame an English paper

chowaznmein
The streetlights shone brightly as lights inside a house disappeared one by one. Soon, only one light remained lit inside the dark house. In the room, I sat at my desk, staring at the first draft of my essay on my laptop. The essay was to be worth a large portion of my grade of the trimester. As I scrolled through my essay, I reluctantly yawned, knowing that if I did so, slumber could possibly take over. For a moment, I took my eyes off of the laptop screen and made a cursory glance at the instructions for the essay.
My eyes widened as I realized that my essay contained one page less than the required number of my pages. Now wide awake, I carefully and meticulously scanned through my essay to see if I had neglected to retype part of my first draft. I groaned. It was already 11:53 and I still needed to write one more page. I stared blankly at my laptop for a while and proceeded to expand my analysis.
As the clocked ticked along, I began to work slower and slower. Soon enough, it became a struggle against sleep. The harder I worked, the more I wanted to succumb to slumber. Every sentence became a struggle, as I stumbled through writing with random thoughts. Soon, I completely broke down and just listened to the chirping of the crickets. As my eyes became heavier, the chirping of the crickets suddenly stopped. My eyes snapped wide open and I immediately continued where I left off on my essay. Moments later, I clicked save and the print button on Microsoft Word. Sitting there and watching the clock tick away, I smiled. The lights inside the house dimmed while the streetlights outside continued to shine brightly along the night sky.
Comment by artfreak889

Ahh...this is exactly how I feel completing my essays! Good to know that someone feels the same (actual, that's probably a bad thing that someone else experiences the flood of English papers...)
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 1:17:28 AM