I overcame junior year.

pokadotz
When the year started, I was determined to start strong and stay on top of the game. I decided to tackle 4 AP classes and I knew it was going to be hard, but I didn’t fully realize how hard. I underestimated what I was getting myself into and was over confident in my abilities. All the classes I took weren’t even subjects I was fully interested in; I was just taking them because my friends suggested them. Within the first month, I realized what I got myself into. I was staying up till midnight every night and I didn’t understand half the things I was studying. My usual goals were to get straight A’s, but this year I was struggling just to keep B’s.
I knew junior was going to be the toughest year but I wish I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up for so many hard classes. Not only did I have to keep up my grades but do community service and take the SAT. There were so many things I had to do and all of them were equally important; I couldn’t just leave one and do the other. I was already stressed with school and I knew I had to do well, and my parents weren’t helping. I understood where they were coming from but the pressure was just too much. Every time finals and midterms came around I was always stressed out and overwhelmed; I couldn’t wait till the year would end.
My grades slipped and I struggled to keep up. By this point I stopped even thinking about my dream college, UCLA, but I heard about all my friends getting accepted into so many good schools and I didn’t want to be left behind. When AP testing started, I hardly got out of the house for 2 months. I knew that my junior year was very important and it was my last chance to prove myself. I really worked hard because after it, I was pretty much done with school. Since I have a total of 5 classes and 4 are AP, the rest of the year would just be projects and the hard stuff would be done. I just had to work really hard and stop thinking about free time because I would have the last few months for that. Although I won’t receive my scores for awhile, I hope everything paid off.
If I could’ve, I know I would’ve done things differently but in some ways I’m glad I decided to take on such a big challenge. I learned a lot from this experience and I know that it gave me a preview on how college will be. I wish I fully thought about what I was getting myself into, but junior year is basically over and I did it; I survived. I made it through and although I definitely made some mistakes, I learned from them too.