I overcame Varsity Sports

beastpanda
I overcame varsity sports and was able to succeed in them. Being a junior, this was the first year that I was physically ready for the rigorous sports seasons of varsity football and wrestling. Although excited for the opportunity, I was somewhat worried if the season would be too strenuous. However, it proved to contain some of the best moments of my life thus far.
Football season starts at the end of spring and goes through all of summer. The days are hot, the sun boils down on us and we are practicing four times a week. This took up much of our much-earned summer vacation and tested the patience of my fellow teammates and me. However, I understood that is essential to forming a solid team so I endured it for practically the whole summer. Finally, the summer ends and back to school we go. I was able to start as a junior on the team as an offensive lineman which was great because usually only seniors start. Eventually, I was able to make it on the defensive line as well and became a double starter as a junior, which was awesome for the same reason stated as before. As the season progressed, I still started and got in a ton of playing time to help with the following season. The team finished with a .500 average, which unfortunately is the best my school has had in previous years. At the end of the year, I got recognition for being the second best player in my position for my league. With that being said, my first year of varsity football turned out to be way better than I had previously thought it would have been.
Literally right after football ended the winter season starts, which means I start wrestling. The year previous I had good success on the JV team and finished second in the county, but I did not do so well against varsity wrestlers. This year would be the first year I would be a full time varsity wrestler. I honestly did not know what to expect coming in because wrestling is the hardest sport there is to take part in and the varsity level is quite intense. My very first varsity tournament I placed third. This was a great sign for the events to come later in the year. I survived the months of December and January, placing in every tournament along the way except one. Finally it reached the time for the CIF wrestling tournament, the post season for wrestling. As a junior, I got first place which is one of the best moments of my life. It was through hard work during practice and determination that allowed me to succeed.
In the end, I overcame the fear of varsity sports and succeeded beyond my expectations to have the most successful sport seasons of my life.