I Overcame School Pressures

victoriaung
I came out of the class in a great sweat. My heart was pounding 100 times faster than normal. Thoughts raced through my head and I dreaded that moment where I walked through the front door of my house. The reason why I I had this race of emotions was because of the piece of paper i held in my trembling hand. This paper held the results of first trimester. My report card was not up to par and didn't amount to the expectations my parents had set for me long ago. However, what's done is done and there was only the recovery and learning process ahead. Now it was up to my parents to forgive me, as I had already done so. This obsession with perfection had led many teenagers of America into this dark torrent of compulsion. Whether it is always maintaining that first place in a race to being valedictorian, many students are faced with these countless issues related to the pressures of the well-rooted images splashed across billboards and society. Teenage girls look into the mirror and all they see are their issues with weight, beauty or popularity. Although many think that perfection can only come in one form, it is universally different and can vary from individual to individual. As a society, one must accept that beauty and confidence can appear anywhere and reside in anyone.

Many call it the junior slump. I call it just another year of high school. This year, many avid students piled on the Advanced Placement classes, hoping to increase their GPA and take college level courses. This proved to be a difficult tasks as most of us were always so used to always having a 4.0 and straight A's. Their high standards for their determination to succeed in every class slowly dwindled to a point where most of us were just hanging on. Our desire to be at the top of our classes and better than our peers showed us that this obsession became excessive. Another example is my desire to bebe the best athlete and student possible. Returning for another year, cross country and track have always been difficult sports. To do them concurrently with each other poses a huge task in the eyes of a high school student. As for me, I struggled to maintain excellent grades, balancing 2 varsity sports this year. However, I did learn that though a good education will get you far in life, it is really the memories that you will look back upon and reminisce about with your children and great grandchildren.