I Overcame School

GinaAPEL
Junior year chewed me up and spat me out. I felt as though I couldn't breathe, as if I was going to collapse from all the stress. It took me many months to adjust to such a demanding work load of AP Art History, AP English Language and AP Physics. Fortunately, my wonderful friends and loving family were able to help me get through my hardships.
AP English Language was full of note taking and impossible quizzes/tests. The reading from our textbook was hard to understand and difficult to work with because of the many interpretations one could take. The readings were also frustrating because you never knew what exactly the author was trying to say since the authors are either long dead or weren't famous when they were alive. The questions on the tests were tricky from the beginning, therefore hard to adjust to. Each new day of class was like a test of how well one could comprehend subject from text. I began to learn from my mistakes and actually started to make good grades. I was able to work the system and get my B up to an A. AP English Language is now one of my favorite subjects, and I am very glad that I chose to stick with it.
AP Art History was surprisingly a very challenging class. The tests were easy at first; only consisting of titles and context. Unfortunately, as the year grew so did the level of the tests. The note taking became almost unbearable as our teacher pushed us to finish in time for the AP testing. Art eras got out of hand and seemed to all be the same as she began to show us slide shows with hundreds of pictures. Suddenly, art had become overwhelming. I wasn't able to succeed as I once had before in that class. Many tests passes by until I was finally able to adjust to the new demands. I grew to love art again and embrace the new challenges ahead.
AP Physics was the hardest challenge of all. I honestly should not of taken it, but only did because all of my friends had urged me to. I felt as though I was picked up from my normal comfort zone and dropped off in a land full of abstract and complex theories. I was at a loss of words for why such a hard class existed. I had to read over material several times in order to get just the basic idea. I hated class at first but then grew to appreciate the study and comprehensive skills it taught me.
Junior year has definitely been the most challenging, but I have learned many lessons from it. I now know not to procrastinate until the last day and how to use my time wisely. I still make mistakes and probably always will, but I am very glad I chose to take such difficult classes.