I Overcame the Stress of High School

1804887
The last question was the hardest one. I questioned why I had not studied harder last night. My brain was fried and there was only five minutes left in the period. I knew this one question could kill my 90 % grade average. Taking a deep breath I finally guessed and with a burning feeling of stress in the pit of my stomach I turned in my test.
This intense feeling of helplessness was a recurring event in high school. Each test brought an even greater level of anxiety. My need to study harder increased year by year. The demands of the AP test did not lessen the overall unease that I felt. Everyday I worried about finishing all my homework and understanding all the material. It seemed like all my friends were doing so well in school. Their grades were sturdy and they were relaxed. That put even more pressure on me to live up to their superiority. As if the pressure to look good for college was not enough, I also faced the stress of living up to my friend’s expectations. My stomach would hurt at the end of the day from the anxiety and all I wanted to do was sleep all the time. Stress was taking over my life.
I desperately wanted to succeed in everything. But I began learning that trying your best is way better than trying to be the best. Stress is overwhelming especially with the high expectations of this day and age. By attempting to put things in perspective I began to calm down a bit. I did my best to realize that high school is just a small part of life. There is so much more beyond these four years. I saw that I was putting more pressure on myself than anyone else was. I asked myself why I so desperately needed to be the best. I needed to learn that I had the potential to be great in my own way.
The past three years of high school have overwhelmed me and stressed me out to the breaking point. Stress surrounded me everyday. With the pressure of friends and the pressure of colleges I felt like exploding! But high school was a learning experience because it forced me to learn how to cope with stress, something I will never be able to escape. Learning to put things in perspective helped me out a lot. I also reminded myself to always try my own personal best and to not put so much pressure on myself to be perfect. I figured that the right college would find me eventually. I still stress out at school, but overall I have overcome the overwhelming stress of high school.