I Overcame Myself

Whatshisname
This year marked the first year I was able to suppress and overcome my crux, unknowingly at first, with the help of a story by the most unlikely of heroes; Bryan Warner. (Known more widely under the alias of Marilyn Manson). The account of his life taught me some of the most valuable principles that a teenager in high school should know. He helped me to overcome the convulsing, choking monster of myself, and allow the new me to resurface underneath layers of counterfeit personalities
First, before we discuss him, you should probably know a little about me. I’m a junior in high school facing the challenges of being absolutely horrendous at confidence, taking initiative, and passing algebra. I hate sitting still, being judged, and being suppressed from my passion.
However, no one knew this as I remained in a hollow shell, laughing and smiling and joking in order to fit in. I didn’t want to be judged, so I would keep my mouth shut about myself. I was scared of the thoughts of others, and I worked hard to keep myself isolated from their opinions. It was an awful life that lacked any energy, and I knew it had to end.
It was then I came to the conclusion that I needed to study other’s reactions to judgment, so I went to my local oasis, the library. After all, if there’s one man who’s taken more flak than anyone, it’s the antichrist superstar Marilyn Manson. I checked out his biography, rushed home, sneaking the book past my morally unyielding mother, and began to flick through pages faster than a sprinter running down a track. The more I read, the more I was in awe. Bryan had gone from being a nobody to one of the most controversial musicians in the world, and he had self-confidence issues? He and I had a similarity? Impossible.
Then, in the blink of an eye, I came to grasp an idea. He and I were only half alike, there was only one difference. He was no longer afraid. I snatched up a pencil and began fervently covering a notepad with word after word till a story began. I was metamorphosing into what I wanted to be; a writer. How had I been so blind earlier? Of course there would be those who would try to put my character down, but I couldn’t let them. I had to prove to be stronger than them in order to achieve my dream.
It was finished. I had won. The true me was born, and I owe it all the odd man out. The underdog. From now on, I embrace who I am and will never stop living my life the way I believe it is meant to be lived.