I overcame my own misguided mind.

juaco28

The greatest obstacle I faced this year was myself. I’m not sure exactly how long I‘ve been aware of it, but all I know is that I am know. Nearly ever setback, complication, or inconvenience I have had had been a result of my very own actions. I never purposely set out to ruin my life but in hindsight it sometimes seems like it. See, in hindsight, very few things I do, good or bad, makes any godly sense to me whatsoever. I’ve come realize there isn’t much point in trying to understand some of things I do or fail to do and realize that perhaps it is best to just move on.
Sometimes it seems strange to me that I should face problems like these since I tend to think a lot. Of course then I have think that maybe that’s where the problem lies. I think too much. I spend too much time thinking about thinks that don’t need to be thought about so hard. I think things beyond comprehension, never failing to confuse myself in the process. I can’t help it though, for whatever reason. The thing that’s strange to me though is that sometimes I feel that I am just as impulsive as I am thoughtful and indecisive. Perhaps thoughtfulness is actually a breeding ground for impulse. All the stress and frustrations that come with over thinking everything turns impulse actions into a means of relief and release.
There is a cycle I have faced numerous times before: I get myself in some rut and then have to dig myself out. It’s actually a pretty common problem for people like me. Most of the time I forget what I’m really capable of, and its only when I have to save myself in some last-ditch effort that I fully realize just how much better I could have been doing. That’s a pretty cliché thing for me to say in my opinion, as it applies to a lot of people, so I don’t I try not to think about that too much either. But no matter how I look at it I suppose in the end I’m a victim of my own misguided mind. Another thing I often have trouble admitting though is that sometimes I am strongly affected by outside influences that aid me in either succeeding or failing. But something I continuously try to work on is succeeding regardless of the circumstance. It’s a work in progress. I’m a work in progress. I’m pretty sure I’ll do it though. I’ll beat myself, I’ve done it many times before. So whenever anyone else asks me what I’ve overcome, I can tell them, neither proudly nor ashamedly, but solidly: I overcame myself.