STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I overcame my own misguided mind.

juaco28

The greatest obstacle I faced this year was myself. I’m not sure exactly how long I‘ve been aware of it, but all I know is that I am know. Nearly ever setback, complication, or inconvenience I have had had been a result of my very own actions. I never purposely set out to ruin my life but in hindsight it sometimes seems like it. See, in hindsight, very few things I do, good or bad, makes any godly sense to me whatsoever. I’ve come realize there isn’t much point in trying to understand some of things I do or fail to do and realize that perhaps it is best to just move on.
Sometimes it seems strange to me that I should face problems like these since I tend to think a lot. Of course then I have think that maybe that’s where the problem lies. I think too much. I spend too much time thinking about thinks that don’t need to be thought about so hard. I think things beyond comprehension, never failing to confuse myself in the process. I can’t help it though, for whatever reason. The thing that’s strange to me though is that sometimes I feel that I am just as impulsive as I am thoughtful and indecisive. Perhaps thoughtfulness is actually a breeding ground for impulse. All the stress and frustrations that come with over thinking everything turns impulse actions into a means of relief and release.
There is a cycle I have faced numerous times before: I get myself in some rut and then have to dig myself out. It’s actually a pretty common problem for people like me. Most of the time I forget what I’m really capable of, and its only when I have to save myself in some last-ditch effort that I fully realize just how much better I could have been doing. That’s a pretty cliché thing for me to say in my opinion, as it applies to a lot of people, so I don’t I try not to think about that too much either. But no matter how I look at it I suppose in the end I’m a victim of my own misguided mind. Another thing I often have trouble admitting though is that sometimes I am strongly affected by outside influences that aid me in either succeeding or failing. But something I continuously try to work on is succeeding regardless of the circumstance. It’s a work in progress. I’m a work in progress. I’m pretty sure I’ll do it though. I’ll beat myself, I’ve done it many times before. So whenever anyone else asks me what I’ve overcome, I can tell them, neither proudly nor ashamedly, but solidly: I overcame myself.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy