I overcame scheduling my extra-curricular activities into my daily routine.

musicfanatic
In today’s society, teenagers are constantly pressured to get into good colleges. To achieve this goal, students are enrolled into difficult AP classes, involved in internships and volunteer opportunities, part of sports teams, and members of countless extra-curricular activities to make their college applications look phenomenal. While many students are forced to join or choose to get involved with many activities just so they can use them for college applications, I voluntarily join clubs because I am passionate about the subjects. Being a typical teenager, I have a busy life, but this past school year I was able to overcome scheduling my extra-curricular activities into my daily routine.
Without my extra-curricular activities, I already have a busy school schedule. As if junior year is not hard enough, my schedule contains four AP classes, including two sciences. I am up late into the night attempting to finish the endless chemistry and calculus homework problems, while thinking about the pop-quizzes I may receive the next morning. In addition to my AP classes, spring was the start of festival season for orchestra, practice for Track and Field, and beginning of STAR/AP testing. While other kids were going home at 2:35PM, I attended officer meetings for clubs, track practice, and orchestra rehearsals until 8:00PM at night, and later on nights of track meets or orchestra concerts. After eating and showering, my homework time would not begin until 10:00PM. While I was overwhelmed earlier this year, this spring I was literally a walking zombie throughout the day.
Any normal teenager would have given up trying to balance so many extra-curricular activities, but I was determined to fit them all into my schedule. I have been involved with orchestra since 5th grade and the members of my school group are practically my family. Though it involves a lot of commitment and dedication, bonding with my friends helps me persevere. Also, running has been something that I have been doing all of my life, and practices are always filled with laughs and new friends. Practices require lots of focus and hard work, but being a part of the team is well worth it. With many busy things going on in my life, I still wanted to take challenging classes because they bring out the best in me and force me to dedicate myself to my studies.
With all of the stress and frustration I have experienced this year, I am still happy I have been able to cope with my overloaded schedule. My family, friends, and passion have helped me deal with the pressures. I am not struggling through my busy schedule alone, but rather I have the support to keep on doing the things that I love. I have learned to handle pressure to bring out the best in myself. I have only been able to survive this year because the extra-curricular activities that I am involved with are things that I truly love. Without a doubt, my overloaded junior year has been the best.