I overcame

shriya_chhabra
I overcame the incessant use of procrastination.
As I entered my junior year of high school, I knew that everything was about to change. Before this year, there were always rumors that junior year will always be the hardest. However, it was simply hard to believe, but there was still this little fear that what they were saying was right. Just saying this, all my fears came true when I actually entered junior year.
I started off my junior year with decent grades, while using procrastination because it seemed that everything was going fine. However, as school started to get harder and harder, I procrastinated so much that this negatively impacted my grades. This was because I piled up all the homework that I didn’t want to do on one day, to do it on the final day before it was due. That day, I would literally stay up all night simply completing my homework and the lack of sleep that I received only made me more tired and less attentive during school hours. Again, my grades dropped because of this procrastination and I slowly edged out of this bad habit.
What really motivated me to actually complete my homework the day it was assigned were my friends. My friends would always encourage me to actually do my homework the day of and this really influenced and helped me. I noticed a change right away. First of all, I received an even amount of sleep throughout the week. Second, I was more attentive in class due to this and I actually understood what the teacher said when he/she talked about the previous homework assignments. Each day, I felt caught up with all the material since I knew what was going on. Procrastination had no limits, and I am glad that my friends helped me get over this extremely horrible habit.
Over the course of my entire high school career so far, I have learned so many things. Each thing has only made me a better person inside and I am thankful for each and every thing. The most important thing of all of course, is procrastination. Once, I was simply incessantly using this action. However, as I have learned over the year, procrastination is only a bad thing. I am glad that I have learned about the negative side effects of procrastination now because I won’t have to deal with that negative habit in college. I have overcome the incessant use of procrastination and each day, I am thankful for this action. I am thankful because I know that my life has completely benefited from the lack of procrastination.