I overcame stress

YueHan
4 AP classes plus 1 sport plus 4 clubs plus 1 instrument equals a ton of stress. This year was the most difficult year that I have experienced so far in my life. As I reflect upon my achievements this year, I have realized how much adversity that I have actually faced. At times, I questioned myself if I could even make it through the year alive. All the pressures seemed to crash down upon me. At times, I felt like I was Atlas holding the world upon my shoulders. It all started last summer when I was enrolled into Elite SAT prep classes. My parents believed that those classes could make me achieve the coveted 2400 on my SATs. After that, it was SAT Math II classes to allow me to get a high enough score so that I can be accepted into an Ivy League college. My parents have always wanted me to succeed. Good grades were not rewarded, they were demanded. Being the child of Asian parents, perfection was not a goal; it was a requirement for me. When my first progress report came back, I came home and cried silently. The C I had in Calculus BC was the worst grade that I have ever received in my life. I have always wanted myself to succeed. That I why I chose to take rigorous classes that would challenge my intelligence. That is why I chose to take the accelerated math program where I would skip Calculus AB. For the longest time, I believed that this was the worst decision that I have made in my life. That C flashing on my progress report made me feel as if the world had ended. As a competitive person, losing to the stress of school was not an option for me. I wanted an A. I needed an A. That was when my competitive edge kicked in. I refused to give up to the pressures of school and an impossible math class. That edge gave me the drive that I needed to finish the year off on a positive note. Through long nights and busy weekends and a nonexistent social life, I made it through the year with perfect grades. As the school year is approaching its end, all I can feel is relief. Relief that AP tests and SATs are done with. Relief that I passed my music theory exam with distinction. Relief that I am finished with my APEL Identity speech. Relief that this school year is almost done.