I Overcame Time

JonathanJames
High school is full of challenges. From the drama that comes with relationships to the anxiety of taking an important test, high school can be a huge source of stress in the life of a teenager. The main challenge that I have had to overcome in high school stems from my busy schedule. With so much to do, I have been forced to learn to manage time effectively. It may seem difficult, even impossible at times, but I assure you that whatever challenges you may be facing, they can be conquered.
I have always been a hard worker, always persevering, never giving up. Because of these traits, I make excellent grades, and I am currently the valedictorian of my class. However, none of this comes easy. It takes precious time and effort to keep up with studying and homework in order to maintain my high grades. Studying for tests and doing homework is not all that I have on my plate. I play the violin in the school orchestra, and I must set aside time to practice the music given to me in class. I have to practice the piano to prepare for my weekly piano lessons. I am a member of the academic team and the math team, and I must make room for team practices and competitions each week. On top of all this, I am heavily involved in my local church, and I help out in any way I can.
With all these activities on my plate, finding ways to manage the limited time I have has been difficult. I was initially overwhelmed, and I believed there was no way that I could make room for everything in which I wanted to be involved. However, I was eventually able to overcome this challenge. I began by prioritizing all of the things I wanted to do. For example, homework and other necessities were more important than watching television. I also worked to break my habit of procrastination. I often would wait until the last few days to work on projects or study for tests, but I learned that to manage my time effectively, I had to get some of the work done early. It was difficult to make some of these changes, but they were necessary in order for me to get through the trial ahead of me and grow as a person.
The challenges I have faced in high school are not much different than the ones faced my most teenagers. It is never easy, but the obstacles can be overcome. The goal is to never give up and to always work towards removing the obstacle from your path. You will be glad you did, as it will build up your character and ultimately make you a better person in the long run.