I overcame a lack of self confidence and an abundance of atrocious grades

CCope
I've never really been that confident. I'd be the unnoticeable girl in the back of the room reading a book. I'd have all the answers but I'd never speak up because I always had my nose in a book. I began to fall behind in my classes because I would be paying more attention to plot twists than to theorems or history. After getting grounded for my last progress report, my best friend decided to help. He noticed I didn't like to ask for help so he decided to set up an offhand barter system. For every page of homework I finished, I could read a chapter from my book. After a while, my grades took a turn for the better. We decided that we would help our other friends to. We sent up a study group with us and about four other people. I don't believe I would be as confident as I am today if my best friend hadn't noticed I needed help. I branched out and made many new friends, my level of self confidence rose, and my grades became better.