I overcame bad grades.

patrickj115
From elementary school to freshman year, all that I got for my classes were A’s. I never knew anything but success. As soon as I hit this year however, I started getting C’s and D’s on semester grades and assignments. This coupled with the massive amount of Honor’s homework I was getting caused stress on me. I knew as this started happening I had to adapt, but I never really had the time to sit down and assess it because of how busy my life was. The stress built on itself until one day I simply broke down and talked to one of my teachers about it. She told me that there had been many of her students under the same rigorous work load that I had given myself and what they did was simply accept that A’s weren’t always going to be an option. As someone who came to quick success it was hard for me to swallow, but I knew that she was right and something had to be done.
I let myself relax and recharge. I stopped doing assignments the day they were due and started planning out when I could do them and I completed them with the best of my ability in that course. When I saw that my grades were slowly rising I kept doing what was working for me and I now have A’s and B’s. Contrary to what many people might think, this was a major roadblock for me this year. Learning from this experience, the classes I chose for my junior year are going to be much easier on my mind, knowing that I can stop worrying about as much advanced homework and I can work towards getting a job, more time with my friends, and an improved sleeping pattern.