I Overcame Work Drama

kafffffryn
I work at a grocery store called Clark’s Market and this is a job that I really do enjoy because I get to talk to nice people and meet new people as well, from everywhere. I love everything about this job except the people who work there. Most people there are full of drama; things have gotten kind of better since what I think was the worst incident that has happened at work. There was a new guy who started working in the deli and I didn’t think too much of him when he started working there. But as time went on we started talking more and more. There was another girl working there who I have known for my whole life and her and I did get along but she started messing around with him and stuff and I just didn’t want to be involved. She texted me off of his phone and wanted me to come pick her up at his apartment which is how him and I started texting. So she went away for Christmas and he would always text me and one night we decided to swap pictures, which is where I went very wrong. I figured he would have just deleted it after but even nine days later he still had my picture on his phone. So I went in to work and the girl called me over to talk to me, I just thought we were going to talk as usual but she pulled out his phone and asked me what that picture was doing on his phone. I was speechless like I had no idea what to say, and I just felt so exposed, I really just wanted to cry. I could tell she was hurt by it because they had been messing around. It turns out that he had slept at her house that night and left his phone there... which I thought was very sketchy because why would he leave his phone there when he knows he has pictures other people shouldn’t see on there? So she told my mother and she got my dad and the cops involved so the guy moved from this town immediately and I don’t know where he is till this day. She also told half the employees and showed them the picture which was very unnecessary. Anyway, I got in a ton of trouble and had my phone taken away for ten months and I haven’t done things like that till this day  me and the other girl don’t talk because she always talks crap on me like I was the only person bringing the drama so I decided it would be best to not be involved with anybody like that.