I Overcame Myself

helmicho
Everyone dies in life, some die many times over as life gives out its cruelty. I have changed a lot over this past school year. I started the year out as a quiet freshman girl who knew so little about high-school, as the year went I had times where I felt depressed because I knew that I could never be good enough to ever even glimpse my dreams, let alone live them. Changes in my classes, as well as a lot of extra homework and sports on top of that, caused me to often become depressed and feeling down in the dumps. Now, as the year is finally almost over, I have looked back and realized that I have become a much happier and more confident person than that girl that I was at the start of the year. I am no longer afraid of speaking up and teasing my teachers (but I only tease them a little, I have never been in trouble before in my life). With uncertainties of next year, I dread the end of this year because many of my friends I may never see again, but then I think that having good memories of the past make the future so much easier to embrace. My band teacher is retiring after this year, and I am going to miss her more than anyone else can imagine, but at least I was lucky enough to have her. Overall, my life has had its up and downs this year, but I have learned to deal with what life has thrown at me and have learned to use it. I may lose friends and memories over the years, but the attitude and personality that I have gained will always stay with me, and people shall now see me stand out in the crowd rather than blend in with all of the other people.