I Overcame the Survey

Kfrank12
Everyone that is ten or older has at one time in their life taken a survey. It can be one of the most boring and worthless experiences that someone can have. This year, however, I learned how important the people taking a survey are to the people giving the survey. I will never take a survey casually again. Such a simple revelation came from one of the most difficult experiences of my schooling career. Through it, however, I have learned much about myself and about life. One would not think that a simple school project could affect your very soul. I am here to tell you that it does. I will tell you through the experience of how I overcame the survey.
Mr. Drew is one of the most respected teachers to have ever taught at my school. I know for a fact that he is the best teacher that I have ever had and possibly will ever have. However, his pre-calculus class is the hardest I have ever taken.
In late October, we took a test on a Tuesday. His tests were and still are very difficult. I, however, have done very well on his tests and have earned an A on all but three of his tests. That test was no exception. I received the test back on the very next day and it had a very nice looking A written at the top. I was so thrilled to know that I had conquered Mr. Drew. I learned that day that the biggest challenge had yet to be conquered. He explained on that Wednesday the group project that the class was about to undertake for the next two months. The mission was to answer a very broad question about our school by writing our own survey and doing an extreme amount of working to follow.
Through the first few weeks, the project did not seem so difficult. We made our survey and proctored it throughout the school. The group worked together to tabulate all of the results and after a lot of work that was completed. This is where the devastation began. Our leader told us all that we had to do for the project. We had to write a fifteen page report about everything that we did for the project. We had to make two graphs for each question for each gender and age. This totaled over two hundred graphs on the computer. My job was to do standard deviation by hand for each grade and gender. This eventually totaled over one hundred standard deviations by hand.
Many would not think that my task was so difficult except that each one took about forty five minutes to an hour. If you think about it, that took a lot of time. Our group had many tears together and many long nights with long hours striving to get it done. We were rewarded on grading day when we received a ninety six percent. We overcame.