Three Little Piggies Outside My School

jenx817
I'm convinced the population of my small town on Long Island is growing increasingly stupid.

At least, the adolescents are.

I was just minding my business and making my way to my driver's education car, when I noticed three police cars sitting right outside the main entrance to my high school.

My initial thought was: they were coming to bust the kids who were vandalizing the school. (This is a story for a different day, but basically kids made stamps, pens and wrote on desks using one of their friends name, to sort of start an epidemic. Yesterday, at least 100 kids came to school wearing shirts the group of guys sold with the kid's name plastered on the front).

But alas, vandalism is a step behind drug dealing in school.

Yeah, a drug deal went down at my school

Some not-so-smart 20 year old, who I regrettably knew when I was in my freshman year, slapped a visitors pass onto his chest and strolled through the halls of my school looking to make a deal with one of the students.

That's the rumor, anyway.

But I did see him sitting on the bench, surrounded by police officers and he was still wearing that stupid visitors tag!

My thought was: Dude, you're an idiot, take the name tag off and stop selling dope to high school students during school hours. No, I take that back. Stop selling drugs period. If there's one thing I hate, it's drugs.

I've seen what they do to people and it ain't pretty. I'm repulsed by anyone who's on drugs. You just look so stupid!.

Well anyway, back to the story. Everyone seemed pretty nonchalant outside the school. Even my principle, who's usually red with anger when stuff like this happens, was calm and collected.

Yeah, it's not the first time.

It's sad, our town is so innocent looking and, really, in comparison to other places it's not so bad. It's just the stuff like this that makes me ask myself, "Where the heck do I live again?”

---------***---------

Okay, so this place is for featured bloggers, so I'm going to take it upon myself to promote my blog right about here:
Click here for my totally awesome blog!
It's a newborn; so give it some time to get some real depth. Enjoy!

Comment by ciaobella14

I want to say that I can't believe how stupid people can be, but honestly I'm not surprised. Especially if this guy frequently takes drugs himself (aside from dealing them!) it has got to have affected his brain by now... and obviously, his judgement! Nothing like that has happend at my school that I know of, but everyone knows (including most parents) who does and deals what and they do nothing about it. All I can say is that we definately live in a frustrating world...
Andd, I love the way you wrote this. It sounds so honest and I totally agree with your opinions! Thanks for sharing :)
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:20:02 AM
Comment by ciaobella14

ps. i went on your blog and clicked the 'follow me' bird and the link didnt exist... if you got your template from a different website i'm not sure how you would fix it. My blog has a similar template and i've been trying to get the links that came with it to work for a while with no luck :( Maybe try adding it as a gadget?
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:23:39 AM