I Overcame People

McKenzieMarie
I always use to care about what people thought about me and the things I did. So, I always tried to be the way people wanted me to be. Now as a senior I can offically say that is completely overated. JUST BE YOURSELF!
In every school you have the different cliques and everyone wants to impress them to be excepted. With my experiaence I can say that that is worthless. No matter you wil have someone who thinks they are better than you or just don't like you. But like my mom has always told me, they do not matter because they are just jealous that you don't care what they think and they wish they could be just like you.
I am an actress, I am very loud and outgoing. . .and extremely blunt. I honestly believe that I would not be this person if I cared about what people thought of me.
Because of the things that happened to me my goal in life is to help those become a "carefree" person in others change their thinking into "I only care what I think of my self along with my family". That is what is really important.
So again, I say this with a lot of emphasis, BE YOURSELF and you can overcome people and a whole lot more.
Comment by BBoi

REALLY...jk but true that`s one thing that i would never try and worry about when i first got to high school, but i soon came to relize that we all have to be ourselves and try not to be something your not, that just make things more and more difficult to hang around certain people. Those certain may turn out to the wrong crowd that you dont want to be around, they probably wont be those true friends that you`ll be looking for. Once we be and act like ourselfs then that way people like you for who you really are, like me lol even though i dont even remember how we started talking in the first place but things workout and your a cool person with a great personality but one thing is for sure DONT CHANGE A THING:)
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:48:05 PM
Comment by Msteele

Be yourself is great advice. Being blunt is often good for others and for ourselves. I guess we all just need to make sure that we aren't purposefully rude because "we don't care what others thinl" or "we just tell it how it is". I know that you aren't rude, and I can't really see you ever being that way at all, but others can take these ideas to the extreme at times. Just a thought.
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:56:06 PM