I Overcame School/Graduation

tiffaniemariexo
As teenagers, we all have our ups and downs throughout high school; stressful parents, our grades, your boyfriend/girlfriend, and also your friends. I think my worst year of high school was my freshman year. I didn't take school seriously because I had 3 years ahead of me to look forward to and thought that I could just sit back and relax. I would always ditch or not come to school at all, which brought my grades down a lot. My grades were awful and I hated showing my report card to my parents because I was so embarrassed. By the time last quarter of my junior year came around, I looked at my transcripts and thought to myself "I'm never going to graduate, it's impossible to make up these credits".

I was so bummed, because after summer was over…I was going to be a senior. Though after that day I didn’t think about school anymore because summer was here! Literally, I complete forgot and dropped everything. As you know, we only get 2 months off from school then back we go. It went by so quick the words “first day of school start” couldn’t tremble off my tongue. I’m going off subject, well eventually school started up and it was pretty chill. Until I got pulled into the councilors office, they said “how do you plan on making up your credits?” by then my head was down and I just wanted to walk out. I had no idea what I was going to do. She gave me a couple of options that I could take, of course they weren’t easy…this school year was not easy at all. My first and second term was a lot of work, I buckled down and got things done. I didn’t bother to hangout with my friends anymore because I really wanted to graduate with my class. I knew that if I just took one break from my A+ packets, I wouldn’t get back to it (A+ is an online program where you go to finish the credits your lacking). I was on my last credit, I was so happy and ecstatic it didn’t take me that long finish. I shouted in the hallways “YES!” but now all I had to do was pass the rest of 3rd quarter and 4th.

I became so thankful and proud of myself for pulling it together and really getting things done. I started to remember the past years and how much trouble that I have caused. My senior year has been so successful that I had to tell everyone about my accomplishment. I thank my parents also for putting all that pressure on me; telling me that I need to start thinking about what I was going to do with my life after I graduate, or if I didn’t graduate. This year I have overcame school/graduation and everything else, I know that I can achieve a lot more in the near future.