I Overcame Selfish Narrow-Mindedness

Bubdog
I believe that we need to accept the blur in pictures.
It is in all types of images we as a society is witness to on a daily basis – the blurry background filled with dancing circles of light, the body slightly fuzzy while the head is sharp, the trail of lights, seemingly blending into each other. It is the simple function of an imperfect camera – it is difficult for your picture to be in focus throughout, allowing no blur or false interpretations. Human perspective can only try to match this, yet I must acknowledge my failure to accomplish this task.
I believe that I must realize there is a story and a picture of life that eludes my grasp and sight, and everyone has their own unique baggage that is not always visible to the world. I try to respect that judgment can only come from having all the information, and life is simply too vague to ever achieve such a colossal accomplishment
I lived inside a world unknown and out of focus for more than two years. Crammed into a small aluminum box, cozily referred to as a Recreational Vehicle, and with less room than most prisoners, my family and I lived the life of modern gypsies. Gypsy is the term of romanticism, but also clarity. Before we embarked on our journey, I would have called it an existence of trailer trash. The poor, decrepit, beer-drinking, git-r-done-hat, tank-top-shirt lifestyle of those unfit for society. This prejudice existed in my mind until I lay immersed in a world that is as close to freedom as I could ever hope to experience. A society, judged solely on the small parts, flourishes and triumphs in the mass blur that has escaped society and had escaped me for so long.
There is a mountain of history and experience that a single impression cannot tell, cannot yell, cannot break free and articulate itself to all who pass by. I am reminded everyday that even those I think I know, are still cloaked in an unflinching and unidentifiable blur that I can never comprehend. Dumbfounded, I find myself listening and learning. Slowly, parts of the picture starts to become sharp. It is time and listening that is the only thing that will ever defeat my own imperfect ignorance.
So often have I thought back on my own opinions, opinions with no basis in reality, and wonder how I was and continue to be so quick to determine everything there is to know, without seeing any of the picture in focus.
I try to accept this. I must accept that fact that all I see is but a small fraction. The true story of reality is a blur, only known to those who experience it. I believe that this acknowledgment is vital to understanding and respecting others as well as building and understanding of myself.
If the only object in focus is a tree, and I never recognize that there is a greater and more majestic blur, how will I know to look for the sublime and momentous mountains in the background?