I Overcame This Distance

p.smith793
This distance between you and me feels like you’re around the world, when you’re only a couple of hours away. The distance is a test for us to know how strong we are, when we’re not by each other’s sides. If we fail, then we know what to fix. Although we’re comfortable with each other; still have shaky knees when you’re in my present.

When I’m with you my heart skips a beat as if it were running your way. We talk every day over the phone; it feels as if you were actually here. The conversations we have feel short but we end up talking for hours and hours. The sound of your voice makes my heart compassionate. You always have a way to make me smile when I’m at my weakest point.

There are times when we wanted to break it off, only because it was the distance. Not knowing how strong we connected with each other, kept us together as one. Now this distance doesn’t bother us, as long as we have each other.