I Overcame Graduation

chris.moriarty
Many high school students now days may find themselves struggling to graduate high school. At the beginning of my senior year I quickly realized if I didn’t get serious about school I wasn’t going to graduate on time with all of my class mates. I was failing classes and not attending school regularly. I was in a massive hole otherwise known as failing, and it took enormous amounts of hard work to fix my problems. To ensure graduation, high school students should attend school regularly, do their best work, and take school more seriously.
High school students need to attend school on a regular basis. If a student chooses not to go to class, they miss out on serious learning opportunities. Professors in college have absolutely no tolerance for students who do not attend class. Students should also attend class to receive any and all work that needs to be completed. Although attending class regularly is very important, is only half of the battle of succeeding in school.
Many high school students also make the mistake of only doing only enough work to pass. Students should always try their best at anything they do. If a student only does what is required to pass, they can miss out on numerous opportunities to strengthen their academic abilities. Many students fail to realize how important the classes they take in high school actually are. Colleges are looking for the hardest working, most morally sound students to attend their campus. No college is going to want a student who doesn’t do their best work.
Students must also realize it’s important to take all of their class work and homework seriously. Many students make the mistake of neglecting to do their homework because they think they have better things to do like hang out with friends. Students who do their work in high school have proved to be much more prepared for college than students who only did “most” of their work. Teachers only issue work because they care and want see you succeed in life after high school. Seniors in high school should already be motivated to work, but sometimes there are few students who acquire “senior-itis”. Students should know everything they do in high school is taken very seriously by colleges or even other career choices.
Recently there has been a drastic increase in the number of high school drop outs in the United States. It is a proven study that if a student goes on to earn a college degree they will make approximately twice as much as someone who only has a high school diploma. Students need to realize it is very important to take high school seriously so they will be better prepared for college. Take it from me, once you find yourself in a whole it’s quite hard to get out. Instead of going down the wrong path, students should always take school seriously and attempt to make better grades.